• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970N4, Less than 2 months and its gone tits up

If you were showing more than 400 watts in the past and were drawing more current before than now then perhaps you did blow a final. If you did then it was because you were running the piss out of the radio and it was either operator error or the person that messed with it and called it a tune screwed up. Plain and simple that radio had the piss run out of it and maybe blew a final because if it.
My N2 came out of the box peaking upwards of 275w, I believe his was over 500w ootb, unmodified I believe. Makes you wonder about factory setups!

Reactions: Limeybastard
If you were showing more than 400 watts in the past and were drawing more current before than now then perhaps you did blow a final. If you did then it was because you were running the piss out of the radio and it was either operator error or the person that messed with it and called it a tune screwed up. Plain and simple that radio had the piss run out of it and maybe blew a final because if it.

Mmm, interesting. The radio wasnt tuned by anyone before , it was dead keying 250W out of the box. So perhaps it wasnt setup correctly from factory in other areas as well.

Lets not assume that every faulty radio is caused by a tune and that on some occasions the radio is taken a "piss out off" from factory where it wasnt setup right, or doesn't this ever occur?

This has been stated before, most people who tune these rigs try and squeeze as many watts and they can get from the radio. And then they wonder why they blew a mosfet.. The tiny fan in the amplifier section does not help either, I think it could use more cooling, but what do I know.. :whistle: Not saying that is the case with limeys radio, but that is what usually happens when you get a hot tune.. Hope you get it straightened out limey, good luck.. (y)

IMG_20170729_183022.jpg IMG_20170722_134730.jpg IMG_20170729_183106.jpg
I cut mine back to 50w DK and 200w peak. I suggested to him to cut his back to 100w DK and peak 400w which he did.
This has been stated before, most people who tune these rigs try and squeeze as many watts and they can get from the radio. And then they wonder why they blew a mosfet.. The tiny fan in the amplifier section does not help either, I think it could use more cooling, but what do I know.. :whistle: Not saying that is the case with limeys radio, but that is what usually happens when you get a hot tune.. Hope you get it straightened out limey, good luck.. (y)

Thanks man, I did all the best I could, even purchased a stands and modified it with two 14cm cooling fans.

The amp wasn't getting as hot as the area highlight in the image attached. I believe component B754.IMG_20170722_134730.jpg IMG_20170729_183106.jpg

Reactions: Troubleshooter
Mmm, interesting. The radio wasnt tuned by anyone before , it was dead keying 250W out of the box. So perhaps it wasnt setup correctly from factory in other areas as well.

Lets not assume that every faulty radio is caused by a tune and that on some occasions the radio is taken a "piss out off" from factory where it wasnt setup right, or doesn't this ever occur?

Since there is no technical standard that export manufactures must follow it is entirely possible they are thrown together and shipped out the door without regard to proper setup. Then there is the issue of how qualified their quality control really is when they do pull one for testing. If I had a radio that did what you claim out of the box it would scare me. Then again I do have a tad more experience than you do.

Since there is no technical standard that export manufactures must follow it is entirely possible they are thrown together and shipped out the door without regard to proper setup. Then there is the issue of how qualified their quality control really is when they do pull one for testing. If I had a radio that did what you claim out of the box it would scare me. Then again I do have a tad more experience than you do.

Yes, and moving forward I've learned a lesson, I should have sent it back as soon as I realized it was dead keying 250W .

Instead I pussy footed and emailed tech support and the forum.

I'll let you on in a secret. I could have had this radio for free.

Reactions: Troubleshooter

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.