• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2995 dx no sound

Strikesmith

May 30, 2009
Greetings Gentlemen,
I have a 2995dx that transmits,recieves but no sound,even when I plug external speaker in,Yes squelch
is turned down.

Regards,
Strikesmith

Reactions: Rwb

But would PA work - try PA.

IF no audio suspect Audio amp chip and support parts...

Also check GNF board, and J25 connector make sure all wires to those connectors are seated...

Gonna give both a try,Got the radio last week,its a mess,ebay deal was working ok then next morning no sound,was bounced around pretty good in shipping!

Thanks Guys!!

There are two variants of the board, one with the TA7222ap and TDA2003 chip (5 pin).

The GNF "noise filter" board can interfere with audio - but would TX ok.

Else get to the link Robb supplied - and remember to look for the chip design and the layout is update on the TDA2003 5-pin chip.

Have fun...

This radio is a true screwdriver special.power out is controlled by mic gain,output power on front panel doesn't do anything,has switch on back for power mod,lol,but came with dual fans..wow!!

Reactions: Rwb and binrat
wondering if somewhere in progamming memory whatever if theres a MUTE mode,I accidently activated
We gonna get this worked out,Thanks HA!!

More than likely a audio mod in there that's failing.

If my hunch is right they use MOSFET for switching power loads - so to have one fail or the speaker quit working - shows that the original designs' been modified - to what? I don't have much to go on, just your words...
RCI2995Speaker.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?