• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2995DXCF receive volume issue:

Hawkeye351

Jun 27, 2021
Got a 2995dxcf of the desk for a quick check on a volume issue.

The issue was (was), the volume could be all the way down and you'd still hear skip rolling in and locals taking, but at a much lower level.

Everything checked out great, but still had the issue. I went to unplug some of the wires from the main board (never unplugged any yet) and just touched one of the wires and the volume skyrocketed, scared the poo poo outta me and my dog. Mind you, the Volume was all the way down and I wasn't wanting it to be louder than it already was with volume all the way down. Long story short, it was 2 plugs not seating properly. I unplugged them all, one at a time and cleaned the inside of the plugs and the terminals on the main board with contact cleaner.

Problem fixed, or resolved if you may.
Note to self: those wire connectors can cause a lot of problems. Unplug them one at a time and clean them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1