• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2SC1969 C1969 NPN AM RF Power Out Sumitomo

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
2SC1969 C1969 NPN AM RF Power Out Sumitomo Are these standard type 1969 transistors will they work as or for replacements in Cobra 148GTL ETC???

Sounds like they are replacement or copy...... I will say that the last bastch of 1969 we got in at the shop was 60% mitsubishi's and 40% NSC c1969's....... these National Semi Conductor (NSC) c1969s are pure crap.... can't get any real power out of them.

But if the transistor says on it or in the specs that its an AM rf power transistor you can use it..... RF is RF it doesn't matter if its AM or SSB.

Sounds like a Mitsubishi copy. Go ahead and try it out

lords said:
yeppers those C1969's and C1969X are the new knock offs
you better off using a CB20W and just it with a diode at least there over rated:p

I haven't seen those yet up here..... actually, I haven't even tried out the workman copies yet..... we WERE getting Mitsubishi's at a really good price but these last 2 batches they were not all Mitsubishi's.... there was a bunch of those NSC C1969's in there. Last order we got had a few in the bag, this order we got alot more.
I haven't found any specs on these NSC c1969's yet but they are absolutly useless..... I can get more power from a 2078 LOL

Wheres a good place to pick those workman transistors for a decent price..... we are still getting mitsubishi's for $5.00 but we have been getting quite a bit of NSC's with them. I would'nt mind trying out those workman bipolors.

If your interested.... PSF Tech has real Mitsubishi's for $5.00 each... they got in a lot of them and there is no minimum quantity for that price. I use them for all my amp supplies and I think I might be getting my 1969's from them too.

Still want to try the workmans........ I sure wish 1306's were still avalable

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.