• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

3/1/22 DX TO DAY

BigLou

May 15, 2018
SW FL.
Had some time today so I played radio , I did OK......made it to 6AM06 John in Columbia / 12TRC101 Mario in Uruguay [ thats a new one for me ] and 26AT030 mike in London England . All on 11meters USB . Now back to work at my QTH. As always have a nice day RC45

DXMAN it,s good to see that others are interested in this long distance skip and are writing about their contacts . Keep it up and maybe others will do the same I for one love to hear of different or unusual contacts . Makes me want to play radio more, have a good day and keep on talking . As always have a nice day....WDX708 I also go by RC45 ay times .

AudioShockwav ...That was my 1st contact with Colombia hope to have conditions again some day skip just does not seem to go that way for me, that contact was BIG for me. see ya

I had a gentleman in Austria, 35DR001 on yesterday and he was mobile. Before the QSB took him out he was 5x9/S9 with very good audio. Helluva mobile setup he has.
It's been very spotty here this week but I've managed the UK, France, Italy and Austria.

Reactions: S&W357
15 Meters was Amazing yesterday 3/1/22.I worked the Canary Islands,Spain,& Ecuador all with my ICOM 703 PLUS on just 10 watts.The station in the Canary Islands had a good pileup going & I only had to call him twice.I was a solid 5-9 there & I got a 5-9+10 from the station in Spain.For 10 watts I'll take that every day.I was working Phone as well since I don't do CW or any digital modes that don't require a microphone.I Love DX.

SIX-SHOOTER
W4KVW

Reactions: w9cll and Crawdad
I still only have 11 meters to talk on for now , but it,s all good the , skips been great on the band today. So far I have 158 KPE049 Trinidad Island / 29 FTC01 Ireland this was a mobile contact . 29 ECB111 Dave Ireland / 30 AT78 Spain / 122 SD105 Andy Barbados Island / 26 348 John England / 14 AT276 Chris France contacts were made on 3/3/22 in the morning . Ya all have a nice day WDX708 / RC 45 see ya

15 has been opening up nicely but not home to enjoy. Been out if town for work the last 3 weeks. Only radio I have is the old connex 4800 in the pickup. Driving back to the hotel today chatting with a couple locals (St Louis area..IL metro east) in .385 had a station break in. He was way stonger than the local dudes. Like +30 loud. I just figured he was really close... turns out he was in Yellowknife Northwest Territory. Dude was screaming into my pickup. Had a nice chat with him then the other locals jumped on him. Ham bands are great fun but my roots are still 11 and it's moments like these that won't change that.

Is that the DXL?
My brother has one of those that he got years ago and he still talks on it.
It was nice, 6 digit counter back then was bling.

Jeff
Yes it is. It drives an old Texas star killer bee 250 out to an old Wilson 1000 permanent roof mount (E Moline IL made not Barjan made wilson). Other than a few engine/fuel pump noise issues...it's been a good combination in the dodge truck.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
15 has been opening up nicely but not home to enjoy. Been out if town for work the last 3 weeks. Only radio I have is the old connex 4800 in the pickup. Driving back to the hotel today chatting with a couple locals (St Louis area..IL metro east) in .385 had a station break in. He was way stonger than the local dudes. Like +30 loud. I just figured he was really close... turns out he was in Yellowknife Northwest Territory. Dude was screaming into my pickup. Had a nice chat with him then the other locals jumped on him. Ham bands are great fun but my roots are still 11 and it's moments like these that won't change that.
Blackcat630 - that was probably Howard in Yellowknife WN110 that you talked to. As of last year he was the only one on the 11 meter band in that town.
When the short dx starts up, we will be able to talk with each other again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated