• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

30k puck

thumper937

Oct 14, 2015
ohio
Anyone puck mounted a predator 30k w/17" shaft? I plan on using a breeslove. 3" puck and 6x6 backing plate. Just wondering what kind of flex anyone has seen with a 30k i had a 10k w/17" shaft on my old pickup truck. With zero flex on the roof.

I use the same mount and with a p10k and an r55 which is a little heavy and there is no flex at all. It is very solid. So considering how light the predator antennas are, i think it will be solid.

Reactions: thumper937
It’s not the weight so much as it is the wind load.

65-mph is getting high for any mount on sheetmetal.

I’m not far along enough with mine (pickup roof mount) but I’ve had in mind the 102” whip and PRESIDENT Texas antennas I have at hand.

If I bend it some, that’s not heartbreak to me.

But I can’t speak for others.

OP, bound to be some videos or other where folks have already done what you want.

yeah i had no issues at all with my 10k on the roof. i actually ran one of the bolts threw the crossmember in the roof with my old truck and plan on doing it the same way with this truck. and adding sound deadener on the inside of the roof as well my 10k got a little loud at 65+ mph. im hoping it all works out well with this 30k im just worried about the wind drag with that big ass aluminum tubing they use as a stinger

Reactions: Slowmover
The 3" puck is ,well, 3 inches and only screws together. Not very well insulted either. If you are going big watts get a different puck. Maybe a coily
I just order the backing plate for the 4.5" and it will need much work before ever using if I ever do.
I bought both the 4.5" and 3" pucks from breedlove. Other than little insulation they are nice.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.