• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38 lsb open

38 lsb is about the only thing that opens up for me. Southern California and the Baja being the most heard on my dipole.

Made good contact with the West Coast this morning from central Texas. Mother nature has not been in my favor the last couple of days but today she's being sweet to me. I did have a good contact with a two operators out of Maine last evening though.

353 in the mobile

Just nothing for me today, but yesterday I was hearing the West coast fairly good, then nothing for 2 or 3 days before that.

Is there a reason why 38 lsb seems to be the one channel that is easy to talk on? I have heard a few people on some of the others, but 38 seems to be where everyone talks.

Reactions: 1 person
38lsb is the USA calling freq for ssb the am freq is 28am always has been since they changed to 40 channels in 1975...and before that was channel 14am and 16lsb...the international freq is 27505am and 27555 usb 73 de JW

Ah, thanks. I thought maybe it was some physical reason for it. I've used CB since the early 80's when I was driving truck, but never messed much with SSB, although the radio had it. It was more a radar speed trap detector for me. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.