• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38 LSB. Were's all the Retro Noise Toys at??

I havent heard ol Blue Waffle in a while.. I wonder if all the public exposure caught up with him or if he FCC paid him a visit?

ARE U 4 REAL?

Noise toys r one of many things that give anal retentive ticket holders another reason to continue to rag on and on and on about how 11 meters is for assholes and the technically retarded. Since joining WWDX I have found many people who don't hold tickets to be far more knowledgable about antenna theory, tubes, chips, boards ect. ect. ect. It wouldn't surprise me if most licensed hams knowledge doesn't go past the push to talk button.let's face it these new compuerized transcivers don't make it that difficult, if you can push a button your in. Noise toys just give them fadder to look at cb'ers as a bunch of jerk off's. And we all know where mos hams got there love of communication equipment. I never could stand noise toys. I remember hearing my first Browning ping around 73. Although I thought the am audio was very nice on am, I couldn't get past the ping. I hated it and still do. Reverbs, beeps, ecco chambers, darts and loops of "funny" phone calls. If that makes you laugh your either under 7 or laugh at almost anything. If that kinda stuff makes you laugh, put the headphones on and kick back to a 1990 recording of the jerky boys. I would never push that garbage though my finals. I not writing this to insult anyone but think about it. Is this what Marconi had in mind. I'm only on the air for a few hours a week. When I find an interesting qsl going on I park myself on that channel and enjoy some good old qsl. I still fascinates me when I realize the miracle of radio waves. As soon as I hear a ping, beep or some lame toy of any kind, BUZZ KILL! Well that's just me.

Blue Waffle!! LOL he's a trip!!! Ding, ding, dong ah' dong! LOL! Although he can be annoying its good to see there are a few people out there that don't take life so seriously!! But there have always been agitators on SSB. I remember Teddy Bear in California (don't you want to talk to the Teddy Bear?) in the early 1990s, the nut jobs in Phoenix, and countless other goofballs..

Life is too quick to take seriously. Have fun while you can...

I would think anyone wanting to talk would just take in a little further up the band its nice and clear up there once you get past 27.405

The serious dxing gets done between 27.415 and 27.705. I do not hear any foolishness up there.

Are you sure your receiver is functioning properly??? T5 is almost as big of a cesspool as .385, it has been sliding downhill the past 2 cycle and this cycle seems to be even worse.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.