1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile 3RD Brake Light Antenna Mount

Discussion in 'CB Antennas' started by Recon, Nov 1, 2019.

1. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Your killin me smalls!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Slowmover likes this.

2. Recon

Recon NY 881

You are correct! I had to buy a TRAM Model 1295 MNO to 3/8"-24 Adapter so as to thread the President Iowa into it. As soon as I installed the 40" antenna, I realized that any taller antenna with a heavy, bottom, mid or top coil would put strain on the third brake light and the cab. I ventured-out (gambled) and purchased the Third Brake Light Antenna Adapter and my personal opinion is this type of mount should not be used for CB antennas.

Slowmover and undertaker like this.
  3. Recon

Recon NY 881

Sorry, I do not have any pictures of the install but I could send you a photo to your email address if you want.

4. Recon

Recon NY 881

I do not have pictures of the install, but you can see a few photos online @ Bulletproof Diesel Third Brake Light Antenna Adapter. I ventured-out, taken the risk to buy and install this mount, but it was a bad (and expensive) mistake. I removed the President Iowa antenna and placed the plastic cover on the NMO threads. The snow has arrived here and I think when heavy snow and ice get blown off the roof and strike against the bottom coil, the mount may flex and crack the brake light lens and distort the cab.

5. Recon

Recon NY 881

I haven't given-up yet. I ordered a 49" Browning BR-140-B CB radio antenna with a bottom coil and with NMO threads. I'll give it a try and attach it to the third brake light antenna adapter.

Slowmover likes this.
  6. Recon

Recon NY 881

30 NOV @ 1540 Update
    Installed a Browning Model BR-140-B NMO mount antenna and connected it to my barefoot 980. After a few 1/4" trim cuts, the swr on all channels is very good. Drove around town and a couple of rural roads in a seven-mile radius talking with one barefoot base station and transmit and receive was excellent and good enough for me. The brake light mount is expensive but it does the job!

Slowmover likes this.
  7. 2NC995

2NC995 WDX995 / DAN

Good deal. That should do the job.

Slowmover likes this.
  8. Recon

Recon NY 881

I purchased and installed a Browning BR-140-B NMO Bottom Coil CB antenna and installed it on the Brake Light Adapter Mount and it has been working pretty good within a five to ten mile radius which is all I need.

undertaker likes this.