• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4' fiberglass military mast

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
I decided to use one section as a mast for my 2 meter beam project. I ordered a set of 4, just to use one. 4 were $31.95 delivered.

I was thinking of getting more and make a tower. If any of you have used these fiberglass sections, how high did you go? They make a base and guy rings also. They are pretty stout. If I could get 35-40 feet, that'd be awesome.

I use the aluminum ones. I have my solarcon I-Max 2000 on 9 of them but only 3 are above the last support on the house. So far no problems, I think I could add one more but haven’t.

Reactions: S&W357 and Mudfoot
I bought a bunch of the aluminum sections at a surplus store nearby. That was a long time ago and the store went out of business. My intentions were to TIG them together. That never happened and I ended up giving them away.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?