• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40 channel teaberry model "T" Wattage

jammeejoe

Aug 8, 2005
East Texas
Does anyone know how to drop the wattage on a 40 channel model "T" without de-tuning it? It keys about 4 watts now, but i would like it to be 2 watts. There is a 10 watt resistor in a browning mark III power supply that can be changed to a higher resistance and drop the wattage. Just wondering if the model t might have a similiar set up. Thanks

Mine only swings to about 9. That is PEP. Put it on avg and it backs up a smiddgin. I am driving a 2 pill and it doesn't like 4 watts. May not can do it. It sounds good and loud, but just don't like the 4 watts into a 2 pill. Thanks

I found no mods for this radio. Doesn't mean that they don't exist. Perhaps Exithirteen might know how to lower the DK for that radio - if he finds this post. Think he knows tube radios fairly well. Or perhaps you might send him a PM and ask him to join this thread?

Change the value of R906. It is a 1k ohm 2watt power resistor located in front and to the right of the SO-239 antenna connector (Refer to Sams # 198). Change this to a 2k ohm 5 watt resistor. This reduces the plate current to the final from 20ma to 10 ma. Then retune VC901 and 902 for maximum output. This should give you approx 2 watt deadkey while still retaining good audio swing. 73s.

I have a Robyn T 240D that sounds very flat audio wise but that's how they were made. even a power mic doesn't make it loud..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.