• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

40 Mts Vertical Helicoidal Tipe.....

zp9mce

Nov 29, 2010
Dear friends, I hope you are well and having a good day.
Here again with a proposal for you.
My question is this, as I have no place for large dipole or directional, since I live in an apartment complex, which is why I decided to look for small antenna size and with an acceptable return on there that I decided on a vertical antenna helical artificial ground planes.
It consists of 20.083 mts of funky electric cable to regular spacing of 3 m PVC tube and the same planes that are grounded only on a tube of 2 meters of PVC as well.
My idea is not so large vertical and is mounted on my deck and not draw attention.
As I read this antenna is very good for the dx and has a low angle of radiation.
I welcome your opinions and suggestions, I remind you again that here in Paraguay do not have many resources.
I leave an image of the plane.
73 a big hug for you.
Pictures Here.

(y)

Dear friends I hope you are well.
I urge some answer please, so far I have not decided yet if anyone has any other experienxia I would come by right.
73 from Paraguay.

Since nobody answers your Q, i'll try.
I experimented with a helically wound antenna for 160 meters ( vertical) and found it will work, the bandwidth will be smaller as a full size vertical 1/4 wave antenna though.
Gain will be less as well, and i used 1/2 wavelength of wire to get the helical wound antenna to resonancee over an elaborate ground plane.

The way of shortening antenna's by using the helically wound technique is old, ( think short whips for portable hand held radio's) but also for Short wave antenna's.

I'm using an inverted L now, 23 meters high 25 meters horizontal with autotuner ( MFJ 998) at the base to work 160 - 20.

But your idea will work, less effective as an 1/4 wave vertical, but you will be able to make contacts with an less obtrusive antenna.

Good luck,

Cor

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.