• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

420 big horn mobile.fatboys

I hope the equipment will stay cool enough in that box. I was going to do the same thing with my truck but in Florida the inside of my toolbox will get to 140 degrees plus. Nice clean install! The heck with a bigger slug, just leave the peak function turned off.

Nice setup 420, love the truck. If you don't mind me asking how much does a setup like that cost?

so you running a ranger c2 into a 4pill im guessing its just a straight 4pill
then running that into a straight 16pill?
what kinda of wattage would you see if you had a 2500 watt slug and leave the peak switch off

i also rigged up a pickup last year that had a 102 whip mounted where you have your 10k mounted
could not hear the 102 with spring at 40 miles just radio on
set the 22 inch shaft Comp coil 10k and tuned it then at 40 miles i was able to hear him with a 1 almost 1-1/2 s-unit with just the radio

the ground strap is what i use i dont use a cable but most use what they got laying around
i took the end of this 1-1/4 flat strap split the end up and attached each side to the bottom 2 bolts on the antenna bracket then ran straight down thru a hole to the frame

he had the connex 4300-400 and was running that into a 16pill Xforce
he still tried the 102 whip with spring from time to time but it wouldnt do what that Predator 10K Comp coil with 22 inch shaft would do

nice setup everything looking good
what kinda voltage drop do you have at the alternator when you unkey

Last edited:
Nice setup 420, love the truck. If you don't mind me asking how much does a setup like that cost?

400 bucks or close to that on the ranger radio
4pill around 375.00
16pill around 1400.00
bird setup around 3 to 500 pending how much you want to put into one
10k cost 65.00
850.00 for the 400 amp maul by the time it gets to you
100 buxs at least or more per battery
and it needs at least 4

and would have to do a alternator upgrade at help keep up
sure you can keep the stock alt but not recomended

and you can add a hundo or little more for the cable and quick connects and then add hundo or more for odds and ends things

Reactions: 1 person
400 bucks or close to that on the ranger radio
4pill around 375.00
16pill around 1400.00
bird setup around 3 to 500 pending how much you want to put into one
10k cost 65.00
850.00 for the 400 amp maul by the time it gets to you
100 buxs at least or more per battery
and it needs at least 4

and would have to do a alternator upgrade at help keep up
sure you can keep the stock alt but not recomended

and you can add a hundo or little more for the cable and quick connects and then add hundo or more for odds and ends things

in other words........ ALOT. :love:

Hey 555. I will be getting more elements soon and give you the results. The 10k I am using has a 27 inch shaft, I tried different sizes while waiting to get all the equipment together and this shaft bottomed out real nice and reception is very good. You was right on the money with your pricing. 3500.00 was around the total including the heavy gauge wire. My alternator is a stock 145 amp so far no problems fingers crossed. I have 4 1100 amp batteries on the motormaul. If ever on 15 and dx running we will rag chew.

I hope the equipment will stay cool enough in that box. I was going to do the same thing with my truck but in Florida the inside of my toolbox will get to 140 degrees plus. Nice clean install! The heck with a bigger slug, just leave the peak function turned off.
Thanks psycho. I have a strap that I connect on the inside of the lid which allows the door to stay open 12 inches so far no overheating. Here in etx it is 102 today I went up town and back talked some skip it felt normal. My plans are to cut 3inch hole on each end Wher the handles go install 2 4 inch fans for cross venting I will put down sloped vent covers to keep rain out /[

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.