• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4300 no audio from speaker jacks

johnecashflo

Wish I Was Here
Mar 26, 2007
INDIANA
ok guys i could use a little help with a 4300 that i have..it has absolutely no audio coming from either the stock speaker or the ext. jack..radio is modulating but has no talkback or receive audio from either speaker jack..i can inject a signal from my generator and watch the radio meter come up as i raise the voltage but nothing from speakers..changed audio chip and checked a few caps around the chip area..not the speaker jack either as i was trying to raise the level of the talkback when failure occurred.everything was working fine on radio just had very little talkback volume..after install of resistor to bump up talkback i didn't have any receive volume or talkback audio..as stated earlier the radio is transmitting and receiving just have nothing from speaker jacks not even a hiss..any suggestions or if anyone has had a similar problem or remedy for it ,i would thank you very much..

all voltages checked out ok on audio chop and mic. amp chip..found a old connex in my pile that had a talkback mod that jumped from front of radio to speaker jack..its definetly not the speaker jack i now have talkback using jumper mod..still nothing on receive audio..

thanks Low_Boy..i was also told its probably an electrolytic around that area.im going to take a break from it right now as I'm getting aggravated..thanks

I had this happen on a Old Cobra 78X and a Realistic TRC 453. Funny I can remember the radios but not the placement of the Cap's. But they were easy to follow on the schematic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.