• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4600 turbo transmit/ receive light orange

Kung Fu Panda

Jul 5, 2018
4600 turbo with the 2290’s receive is good,has dead key no modulation. The T/R light turns orange not red when keyed. I’ve checked tr38, mic IC, D77 etc. any ideas on problem appreciated.

4600 turbo with the 2290’s receive is good,has dead key no modulation. The T/R light turns orange not red when keyed. I’ve checked tr38, mic IC, D77 etc. any ideas on problem appreciated.
Am/fm/pa switch itself, wiring, cold solder joints, solder blobs?

That's where I'd go next but let's see what the more educated say

Am/fm/pa switch itself, wiring, cold solder joints, solder blobs?

That's where I'd go next but let's see what the more educated say
Am/pa switch working. No solder blobs comes the board with the magnifying glass. Something keeping it from fully going into transmit. ‍♂️

Pulled tr32 and it came to life but light is still orange.
When it does that, then you KNOW there is an issue with the keying circuit.

Because RX uses TR32 to silence the Mic line, so it doesn't add its own noise level to the receiver's noise level.

So, you'll have to go back down the trail of checking parts...

TR36 and TR37 - those are the RX switches, so when you go there...

Here's a transistor chart snippet to help...

1643840894395.png
  • Have to make sure one of those parts is not shorted out causing power to flow into the RX line all the time making that RED - TX / GREEN - RX indicator light show colors it's not supposed to - but helps tell you when the radio isn't working right.​

Reactions: Kung Fu Panda

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated