• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

4nec2 I have a idea

Thanks Marconi
So i did make a step up from the original antenna that was 18 inch shorter and no radials then

What id like to do is get a sirio 827 try it stranded then with the long radials
and then compare it with the new vector 4000 which is the antenna i will end up with

Marconi..........if i ask nicely......... is it possible ..........that you might do a you-tube vid on how to get started with eznec

Thanks dave

Why not go directly to eznec site and learn from the people who wrote the program not another person learning like you are. Not a knock on Marconi I dont think he is a expert yet in Eznec but he is getting there.

Why not go directly to eznec site and learn from the people who wrote the program not another person learning like you are. Not a knock on Marconi I dont think he is a expert yet in Eznec but he is getting there.

Dave8, I read the words of Lewallen, Cebik, and others until my eyes crossed, and their words never seemed to mean a thing...until I got a minimal concept in my minds eye, what the data entry was all about.

All that took was getting the Demo version and a simple little file with an antenna I understood a little from a forum buddy that would share and was also learning how to work with Eznec5.

I can't say that one could not learn how to fully understand and operate this software by simply reading the manual, but my mind set just don't work that way. Once I can see the practical aspects of a thing, then and only then will the manual start to make any real sense to me. So, it seems I learn things the hard way.

Mr.Suburban is right about one thing, I'm no expert like he is. IMO, he might know his stuff, but he's still full of himself.

Dave, I don't know what you are trying to say in paragraphs one and two above, but regarding your last remark, I've been trying to develop the process for doing a modeling demo video, but thus far I haven't had any success getting the screen shots nice and visible for the viewer. With my lack of video skills and my trying to work with screen shots of the Eznec5 software...is not as simple as it might seem.

I'll note hear how I finally managed to get past the most basic hump in understanding of Eznec Demo data entry. I had tried to understand this product several times before, but with no luck.

So, I emailed a forum member and asked him to email me his file of a Starduster model he had posted and discussed on the forum. Then I was able to see and visualize how the data entry was done, and then I was able to manipulate simple models and learn how and what the functions, features, and output features were all about.

Then I read the manual over and over again trying to understand more and learn how Eznec5 handles its own error checking. Like anything else, it matters how much practice one does.

Hi what i was saying and not put over very well is when you modelled it and you say
>>> showing gain @ 4.31 dbi at 18* degrees which is not bad<<<
That will be a marked improvement over the original antenna that i modified.
that was a basic very cheap silver rod type that was 18 inch shorter and no radials

In paragraph 2 what i mean is as this antenna is made very cheap and low quality id like to try a better quality antenna as a starting point( which will be my mk11) like the sirio 827 .. and then compare it to the vector 4000, which i will probably end up with.
Must go now XYL needs taking to work

Thanks dave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.