• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

5 or 6 element yagi!!!!!!!

excavator701

May 23, 2005
hey i live in nc i am looking for a 5 or 6 element yagi for 10-11m as long as its in good shape and in excellent working condition and is dual polarity something along the lines of a m105hv is all i need so give me your prices

701, I have a brand new in the box HyGain 105BA 10 meter five element beam that I will sell. It is only a single polarity beam however. It is a balanced antenna with and insulated driven element and uses a balanced hairpin matcher to feed. I am looking for the documentation now. I am not really sure if it will quite spread out to 11 meters however. It is a 10 meter antenna. You don't get aluminum like this anymore.

It has never been installed and is in original box.

The big deal with this antenna is that you will have a 24' boom, a real "Elephant Gun" antenna when assembled. All Stainless steel hardware, u-bolts, nuts, washers, and all aluminum saddles. No non-conductive metal mixing of element materials in this one. All tubing is finished, slotted, and/or swagged for proper fit and conductive mating of all elements. You won't have a dead element out there taking up dead space on this beam. It is a professionally built antenna. You would have to have this one customized made today to get one like this.

In fact this is the pappy of the beam design that Jay in the Mojave is developing right now for his new 5 element beam. I don't believe Jay is able to deliver these as yet however, but you will have to ask him about that. I will take $350 plus you pay shipping or you pickup in Houston. Shipping to me via UPS I think in 2004 from Lynden, WA, 98264, was $64.00. That will give you an idea about shipping to just about any place in the USA.

I also have one of Jays I-10K's for sale. I want $240 plus shipping for my I-10K. I will take $540 + delivery for both. Save $50 dollars and have two beast in the air. One vertical omni with the reputation you want and a horizontal 5 element beam below that will open the airways to your station.

You are right MC, but I have the original version called the Long John, 105BA in the original box from HyGain. This was before Telex. Only difference was a bit more weight. The LJ-105CA was a lighter weight remake of the original antenna and was probably instituted after Telex came along.

I also have a letter from Roger Cox indicating that there is likely not enough material to scale this one to the middle of 11 meters on all elements, but he gave me material adjustments necessary to fix. If I can find the BN-4000 that went with this beam I will include it.

Sorry cannot consider trades.

Price is as noted $350 plus shipping and of course the I-10K deal also still stands as well. If this stuff is as good as I know it to be, it is cheap at this price. But you can always go to Maco and get a 5 element without slotting and with cheap parts some of which will hold up, but most will not.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.