• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

520 mosfets in a Cobra 25

hogrotten

Mar 15, 2012
Hey ya'll looking for a little help please, I did the 520 upgrade to my Cobra 25 but now I have a low dead key and it doesn't swing like it used to. I might add I also did the Super Swing mod prior and it had a nice swing untill I did the final upgrade,did I miss something? :headbang

Thanx in advance,
HOG

A 520 mosfet mod is a good option for a radio with a blown final. I would not really call it an "upgrade" though as you stated. A working radio with a 1969 final will do about the same wattage as a mosfet.

Thanx, yeah I did the whole Remove R38, R40, C45 replace r40 with EN-1230 then add 68pF capacitor across C42 thing,but I must have missed something or messed something up because I wound up with a low dead key and no swing. Better luck next time. :oops:

Got it fixed thanx for the reply 9C1Driver, I'm ashamed to say I had one leg of the 520 soldered to the wrong pad,
Hog.

It's all good, that 520 final in Cobra 25/29 radio's is very popular no doubt. It just took some time to get all the tweeks straight, now most decent shops can do them no problem.

It's all good, that 520 final in Cobra 25/29 radio's is very popular no doubt. It just took some time to get all the tweeks straight, now most decent shops can do them no problem.

Yeah I like the recieve on the Cobras better than the Galaxy's and such I think thats the direction I'm gonna go now. Now I just need to get it hooked up to a meter and see where it's at.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.