• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

55 r4 antenna

They did a "Real Good" job of copying the 10K...

I got a chance to see one up close and personally today, and was amassed at how well they copied it!

First thing I noticed was it's lighter in weight than a Predator 10K...If you can believe that!

Second. I don't know what they used to make the coil with, but it's much stiffer than the stuff Kale uses on the Predators, which means it would be allot harder for the coil to get bent out of shape. (so thats a good deal!)

The coil is like Kales older designs, just 6 wraps, and the coil attachés to the insulator on opposite sides, instead of on the same side of the insulator...

The stinger looks like a Wilson Stinger, which doesn't take much to bend-up.

The antenna is not brushed out like Kales Predators, so you can see where all the parts are screwed together. (which is a minor detail, and should not compromise the antenna)

All and All, it looks worth the money, and since it's almost a spitting image of the "Real McCoy" I'm sure it will perform about the same...

Now just how long will the antenna hold-up to the elements of being outside on the roof of a truck in freezing temperatures and baking Texas Sun remains to be seen...

This is 1 reason why I ordered the Stalker 10k,
Thanks JesseJames

This is 1 reason why I ordered the Stalker 10k,
Thanks JesseJames

Like I pointed out, since Tram copied the 10K to the letter on this antenna, I can't see any reason why it won't perform like the Original Predator 10K. One other thing I didn't mention was that it won't come apart like the Predators if you need to replace something. Apparently, Tram Glued the antenna together, so there is no-way to un-screw the parts, like the lower shaft or the coil...(so don't try! You'll just end-up braking the antenna):oops:

Let us know what ya think about it, once you have had time to use it...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.