• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

572B and 811 production stopped

Toll_Free

The Chinese factories are stopping production of the 572 and 811. This is of concern for quite a few people, so I thought I would pass the info along.

The newer (current) Svetlana 572s are crap for RF, and really only good for audiophile (crap) work.

FYI. Glass tube amplifiers (as I said not too long ago, and a LOT of people argued with me) are now gone. Fini. Then again, I have the original 1967 date code 3-500s in my SB220, so run correctly, they will run forever.

--Toll_Free

Better order about 3 sets o 572s. That should more than take care of me for the next 30 or so years. If im lucky enough to live that long!

Toll_Free said:
FYI. Glass tube amplifiers (as I said not too long ago, and a LOT of people argued with me) are now gone. Fini.
--Toll_Free

That is awesome, now I can justify the graphite tube amp I always wanted.

Graphite tube amp?? Graphite anodes are used in GLASS tubes and were used in some of the 810's,811A's,572B's,3-500ZG's, 4-400C's and 833C's. No graphite anodes used in metal/ceramic tubes that I know of.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.