• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

59.4000MHz Wide-FM Pirate Radio?

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Was scanning through the bands and found a Mexican radio station that transmits on 59.4000MHz - 59.5450MHz Wide-FM.
Only legal radio stations here operate between 87.00MHz-107.00MHz WFM.

it has best reception here: lat=34.233571 lon=-119.207754

Last edited:

Was scanning through the bands and found a Mexican radio station that transmits on 59.4000MHz - 59.5450MHz Wide-FM.
Only legal radio stations here operate between 87.00MHz-107.00MHz WFM.

it has best reception here: lat=34.233571 lon=-119.207754

What is being transmitted? Music/talk? Just curious.

Probably tv broadcasting.

River Ridge Golf Course , eh? You are very close to quite a few tv antenna's in that area.

Last edited:
What is being transmitted? Music/talk? Just curious.

Probably tv broadcasting.

River Ridge Golf Course , eh? You are very close to quite a few tv antenna's in that area.

Music and talk. Its not TV broadcasts..

Sent from my Droid X .602GB Root, Tapatalk.

interesting

I searched within 100 kilometers of the coordinates you gave and found only the following that fits the frequency:

Licensee: HOSANNA APOSTOLIC MINISTRIES BROADCASTING CORPORATION
Service Designation: LD Digital Low Power Television station (Digital LPTV)
Transmit Channel: 2 54 - 60 MHz

I guess it is possible that it could be pirated. hard to say with out hearing what is being said.

Last edited:
there are 6 tv transmitters in the area.

11 miles nw to 2 tv transmitters and 12 miles ene to 4 tv transmitters.

hope this helps out, everything points to it being tv related some how.

there are 6 tv transmitters in the area.

11 miles nw to 2 tv transmitters and 12 miles ene to 4 tv transmitters.

hope this helps out, everything points to it being tv related some how.

Sounds like a classic recipe for intermod especially to a wideband receiver such as a scanner that does not have a decent front end filter to begin with. That is where my money is anyway.

It could be an intermod product if you are anywhere near some high powered TV or FM transmitters.

I'm betting on this.The 8500XLT was notorious for intermod.In my experiences with pirate radio, you transmit where people will hear your broadcast.I highly doubt many, if any, pirate hunters tune in on or around 60 MHz.Pirates find a larger audience in an established broadcast band or around the pirate/free radio hotspots.

I'm betting on this.The 8500XLT was notorious for intermod.In my experiences with pirate radio, you transmit where people will hear your broadcast.I highly doubt many, if any, pirate hunters tune in on or around 60 MHz.Pirates find a larger audience in an established broadcast band or around the pirate/free radio hotspots.

I will bust out with the icom 706 and see if I can rx on the station. I believe it being possible that it is a pirate...station. I sorta live in little Mexico. A lot of people have all kinds of antennas on like every 15 blocks. Ham antennas cb antennas wire antennas.....

I will bust out with the icom 706 and see if I can rx on the station. I believe it being possible that it is a pirate...station. I sorta live in little Mexico. A lot of people have all kinds of antennas on like every 15 blocks. Ham antennas cb antennas wire antennas.....

Something else you can do is listen to the regular TV/FM bands and see if you hear the exact same programming on a regular broadcast frequency at the same time you hear it on 59.XXX MHz.

Something else you can do is listen to the regular TV/FM bands and see if you hear the exact same programming on a regular broadcast frequency at the same time you hear it on 59.XXX MHz.

the freq went silent lastnight, but now there is others in the same range. iv checked local TV and cable also called TIME WARNER asking about that particular freq, was told no TV programs operate @ that freq... har har....
It's def a radio station maybe its because there soo poor there running coat hangers for antennas :LOL:

fyi, the stations are not constant, they come and go like Short wave radio sometimes mostly during the day. A night it seems to be more of a solid transmission.
This bc8500XLT front end sucks compared to a pro 97 by radio shack.:sad:

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned