• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6/10 meter dipole

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
Question for all you antenna tinkerers here. I have a 10 meter dipole in the garage attic now and just got an hf rig that will do 6 meters. Is there any way to cut the dipole and install a trap on each side and make it 10 and 6 meters? If so I need to know how many wraps and what diameter it needs to be. Thanx.

Making a trap for a high frequency like 6 meters would be very difficult due to the critical measurements involved. You will spend hours on end trying to achieve a reasonable resonance between the two bands. The higher the frequency, the more critical the measurements become. I agree with SIX-SHOOTER. A fan dipole makes more sense. I’d start by adding 4’ 9’’ legs on each side and trim no more than ¼” off each side at a time between readings. The 10 meter legs will probably need adjusting too. It’s a trial and error process, but still easier than trying to make a trap work.

Reactions: Crawdad
Project of the day. My soldering iron wouldn't get hot enough so I just cut and wire nutted in the 6 meter legs,4' 7" each side. Radio tunes 50.50 at 1.2 swr. Thanx for the help!

Attachments

• 20200725_135635.jpg
    20200725_135635.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 125
Reactions: sunbulls

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.