• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6300 f turbo

tuge

Jul 22, 2013
My 6300 f turbo stopped working on 11 meter. Any idea what might have caused this? Jumper come loose? Chip or battery died?

I mean it won't tune to the 11 meter band. Like the conversion was never done. Does the conversion require an e-chip or is there something else that could have come loose? Yes it had previously worked on 11 meter. Thanks.

My eyes aint what they used to be. Can you show me on the picture where to look? The silver square thing says mt210061x. Really I am interested in what was done to modify it for 11 meter use. That way I can see if something became disconnected or loose.

I'm guessing here; but it looks like an EPT6900 board to me. If you cannot see too well; then I cannot reason how you will be able to fix it. If you have powerful reading glasses and a LED flashlight (what I use), you will see it better. Gotta have the tools! If you do not have the gear or the experience it could prove to be fairly difficult to find the fault by yourself. Or you may get lucky and find a loose wire or a wiring harness that has come loose as some of these radio have this problem.

Think you are looking to find a simple fix, and there isn't any that I am aware of. Maybe there is, but the Galaxy database for this chassis doesn't show one - AFAIK. BTW - Galaxy and Ranger radios are basically the same radios in different cosmetic pkgs. That is why you needed to find the chassis model #; but the picture worked.

http://www.cbtricks.com/cgi-bin/database/galaxy_db.cgi

Perhaps one of the gurus will chime in and help you.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.