• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6V computer speakers on my CB

I am having a hard time understanding what comes thru my President HR2510 after a while it gets a little easier. There is nothing wrong with my receive. I hooked up my work radio in the house the other day a Fuzz-Buster Z50 and that was the best quality sound I ever heard and I think that's when I started to scrutinize the sound. I just bought from ebay two amplified computer speakers and am going to try them out when they arrive. I've been using a Motorola ext speaker for years the police kind. Has anyone tried using computer speakers before? And yes I do have the 3.5mm jack that turns mono to stereo (2 speakers)

Last edited:

I've used 'computer' speakers for some time. They tend to be smaller than others, are fairly inexpensive, and were usually because I'd replaced the speakers on the computer for some reason. I don't use the 'amplifier' part of them, only the speakers themselves. Computer speakers are fairly 'RF dirty', sort of, no (or not much) attempt to keep them 'RF clean'.
Audio, from speakers of any kind, is a product of the speakers enclosure to a large extent. Some cabinets just sound better than others. Deals with audio characteristics, 'resonance' of the enclosures, response of the the speakers themselves, and a few other 'qualities'. And the 'other side' of it, it's the audio produced by the transmitter. Some of them can't help but sound good, others you wonder what the @#$$ they did to it, you know?
The best speaker for you is the one YOU think sounds the best!
Good luck.
- 'Doc

Reactions: hammer0630
I found some name brand surround sound speakers at a thrift store, I think there around 4" and seem to sound good down to 100hz!

Also have some cheap surround sound speakers that sounds like poo.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.