• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

7.555khz... strange signal

dc2rf

Jan 15, 2014
Caught a strange transmission on 7.555 khz tonight at 0229z. First a childs voice then a womans voice repeating the same thing:

This is KJEF radio station broadcasting from the Lord's Ranch USA 88072.

I caught the end of the broadcast. I don't know how long the station was transmitting before I tuned in. It was an AM signal, not strong but easily readable.

Anyone else hear this?

I thought "pirate" station at first, but I don't think it was. It wasn't a broadcast, nor was it any sort of "show", the message was simply audio looped and had no entertainment value.

7.555khz isn't really a pirate freq. If you want to be heard as a pirate, you wouldn't pick some obscure freq where no one is likely to be listening.

The number given seems to be a code.

I was thinking some sort of "survivalist" communication to another "camp". Of course, my imagination could be just running away with me.

Well that mystery is solved... thanks Captain!

Ok on the callsign correction. Guess my ears need re-calibrating.

Was wrong about the "survivalist" scenario too, (but that would have made for a more interesting story than the reality).

Yep, I could sure use that antenna system in my backyard, but then again the neighbors would probably complain.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.