• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

70,000 watts WOAH

RF is something to see.. You can bet that if the camera was effected like that, the guy in the Burb felt it for a while..

Boys and there toys , this is truly beyon my comprehension. I suppose after 20 years in this hobby I have earned the ranks of CB bozo , but I think that is only in the eye's of those that had to deal with me over the years in there recieves. 70,000 thousand watts and my vehical looking like something out of Star Wars ? FCC or somebody would have had my number a long time ago. To each his or her own. Just wish I could be more so impressed then not.

That video has been around a long, long time.

Personally, I'd much rather see under the hood.

Unfortunately, idiocy is often incurable. Talk about S T O O P I D! (and they don't even KNOW what it is doing to body cells--especially the brain (whatever brain was there before they started). Everything has a price. Sometimes its cancer! :cry:

CWM

i hear you on that..
i figured i would not go there
but way too much power there to be safe to anyone that close as they all were..

as example
when i put together a gulfalphabeam 16 element for 70CM
(i built it in the apartment) and it is a 14.5 ft boom
i tested it in my living room and in keying it up with my
706 MKIIG with 20 watts

i fealt the RF resenating though my body
i was surprised and did so real quick a 2ed time

never again will i do something so Stupid !!!

and that guy was useing 70,000 watts
that is beyond crazy

well
i said my peace

karo said:
LOL DaveMade,DaveMade.

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm sorry, but I don't get it! I mean no harm, but I truly don't understand doing this :roll: To me, it is like jacking up a car and running the engine at full tilt; it is a total waste and accomplishes exactly nothing. :( It might run off the jack and crash, and the people doing this are frying their brains. (sizzle)
:twisted:

CWM

I don't get it myself. The largest amp i have here is a 2K amp that a friend built for me but you know i very rarely turn it on. I have talked all over the world with just my little 175 watt 95T so i don't need to turn the big boy on unless i want to walk on a few ducks. I think its a little like having a car with over a 1000 hp for the street. You can never use that much power but it sure is a kick to see someones face when you pop the hood!

995 said:
That video has been around a long, long time.

Personally, I'd much rather see under the hood.
Might look something like this?
13vaaltsb.jpg

I totally agree! I don't get it!!

I'd rather put that much effort into forward motion than sitting still screwing up anything electronic within 2 miles.

I never did see it....had to follow the link....that's why I said I'd rather see under the hood...A lot of the power claims are easily dismissed when you see what's running it all....

i just did a keydown with some local channel people. we did a 2 pill. mainly for bragging rights. it was fun but not something im going to build my system for

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.