• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

811 H question.

In THAT case, if he didn't insure it, well...I completely agree. He needed to insure it, and if he wanted to, make it mandatory that the buyer pay the shipping AND insurance charges. This is a MUST.

As an eBay seller, you cannot make insurance an option and charge the buyer.

The seller is responsible for the safe delivery of the package to the buyer. It used to be an option, but not anymore. This is why it's important to include the cost of insurance within your S&H charges of your item.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotcha. Also, thanks for the info. I don't do the e-bay thing, but when I *DO* send packages, they are *ALWAYS* packaged according to guidelines, and insured. It's just too much of a problem if something happens if you don't.

The fact that the seller shipped the amp with the tubes in the sockets is enough to determine fault. Anyone with a clue knows you do NOT ship an amp with the tubes installed and if possible remove the power transformer as well.

Reactions: 4 people
Ebay sellers should always insure what they sell. When you sell an item on eBay, YOU are responsible if it is lost or damaged in shipment. It is the SELLERS responsibility to purchase insurance.

If an item is lost or damaged and you did not insure the package, YOU are responsible. Most eBay sellers are still unaware of this policy. You used to be able to make insurance optional and charge extra for it. Now, your supposed to add this extra cost within your S&H charges.

Since this was an eBay transaction and the seller did not insure the item, then the seller will likely lose this claim.

Go ahead an file a PayPal claim. The dumbass should have done a better job packing it anyways.

New Ebay Insurance Policy & Buyer Refund Policy - The eBay Community

If I sell something for $100 or less, I usually just self insure it, but not always. Sometimes, it just depends on what kinda vibes I get from the buyer. Transactions over $100 are always insured.

A Ebay case was filed. I won the case. Ebay sent me a return shipping label and the item is on its way back to the seller.
Paypal refund is processing.
Bought a AL 811 (3 tube) locally a few days ago.
Happy now.

Do yourself a favor, pull out the 3 811 tubes and buy a matched trio of 572b tubes. They are a direct drop in replacement and have a graphite plate. The 811 and 811h ameritrons both have the same size plate / filament transformer. The 3 572 b tubes will last forever and will be capable of producing what a 811h would do with 4 811 tubes. I have these things in for repair all the time. When a tube shorts in a 811 h you usually lose one or more of the grid loading resistors and the meter protection diode. If it is a 811 3 tube ameritron then just the meter protection diode. Other failures are the parasitic resistors ,or filter caps if a bleeder resistor opens. The china 811 tubes they come with are just horrible.

Do yourself a favor, pull out the 3 811 tubes and buy a matched trio of 572b tubes. They are a direct drop in replacement and have a graphite plate. The 811 and 811h ameritrons both have the same size plate / filament transformer. The 3 572 b tubes will last forever and will be capable of producing what a 811h would do with 4 811 tubes. I have these things in for repair all the time. When a tube shorts in a 811 h you usually lose one or more of the grid loading resistors and the meter protection diode. If it is a 811 3 tube ameritron then just the meter protection diode. Other failures are the parasitic resistors ,or filter caps if a bleeder resistor opens. The china 811 tubes they come with are just horrible.

I never run my AL-811 3 tube amp hard. With 25 watts drive on 10 meter USB phone I see 400-450 watts pep. That is enough for me. For the most part my AL-811 is off and never used. I enjoy making contacts on HF with the least amount of power needed to carry out a QSO. When needed its nice to be able to the have the option of turning on a amplifier.

Reactions: AudioShockwav

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.