• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

857d, 897d, 817nd, 706mk2g or ft100d

I also have a 897D that I love. I have a MP-1 and Buddistick for HF and a Arrow 146/440 beam for UHF/VHF. I cannot say enough about the portability of this radio. I am getting deployed to Iraq very soon and applied and received my Iraqi Amateur Radio License and taking my 897 with me. I would recommend this radio very highly. Listen out for YI9MSJ with in the next 400 days. Even though I am a Tech here, I have full HF privileges there so, I will really be enjoying the radio. I will also bring my laptop and rigblaster plug and play for digital work. Hope to talk to some of you.
Scott, do you know where your going to be stationed? there is a ham radio club for the army. they already have a lot of equipment and antennas set up over there. I will also be listening talked to lots of people over there, mostly on 40 &80 mtrs. and as always CY6

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.