• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

858 PLL mosfet conversion questions

Dave239

Feb 15, 2016
Birlington, Ontario, Canada
Exit Thirteen started a thread 5 years ago, and that's what brought me to this forum, great work by the way. I have a couple of questions about this mod. I have several different versions of this board and the final area is different on some of them. the first question is on my Realistic radios, D66,D67 with the new mosfet would be going from the gate to ground, this would give aprox 1.4V at the gate but the post said the voltage should be around 3.4 at the gate, do I remove these diodes to get that voltage? second... R219, does that stay as well? Third...with R179 and L44 removed, do I use the heat sensing D51 or is that part of the circuit obsolete as well (meaning C172, R204, VR16, R205, D51, and R180)? if they are obsolete, I might remove them for better air circulation around the mosfet. Has anybody tried the mosfet in the Driver location yet? I made a hacked up drawing of the Circuit with the erf2030, kindly point me in the right direction please. I have a 139XLR without the D66,D67 on it but I'm not going to touch it until I get my TRC449 working with this ModFET Final for 858 board.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.