• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

88 IRF520 Conversion Help?

Inquietude

Jul 5, 2014
Hi,
I'm right in the middle of converting an 88HL to 520's driver and finals using the CB Tricks/Euro Radio write-up and I've come across some old threads elsewhere about having to change a coil that isn't listed there. Is there an inductor that needs to change or be modified in some way? Is there a more complete source of information on the mod than what I have? Thanks in advance.
Inquietude

P.S. Specifically, L33 and L34, and these were mentioned on a Defpom thread. Tnx.

Last edited:

Thanks, but I have all that and it doesn't mention anything about changing L34 as mentioned elsewhere (albeit with little or no details).

I did about 10 more minutes of snooping around and answered my own question about how to replace L34. Continuing the project.

Like to hear what you find; so could you please post the outcome?

L33 is the 54mhz trap circuit - IIRC . . .

View attachment 15794
No, it wouldn't be. Not if it's in series with the output. Traps are usually in parallel. TX alignment calls for peaking L33 for max output. But forget L33 altogether......
The answer is look at a Galaxy DX radio that came from the factory with dual mosfets and follow that.

Reactions: Robb
No, it wouldn't be. Not if it's in series with the output. Traps are usually in parallel. TX alignment calls for peaking L33 for max output. But forget L33 altogether......
The answer is look at a Galaxy DX radio that came from the factory with dual mosfets and follow that.
Don't see a schematic for a dual final MOSFET Galaxy.
Do you have one?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.