• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

9 Volt Battery choice for mics

Blackpaw

May 7, 2011
SW Costal ME
I've got several Astatic mics that take 9volt batteries and wondering if anyone else has used lithium 9v batteries in their mics.

I've got an ultralife in my D104M6 and seems to be working well, an alkaline 9v in my 575M6 that's about a year old, but will be replacing it with another ultralife when the alkaline dies.

What about rechargeable 9v? Anyone use them? The initial cost of the rechargeable set up would be high and take a while to recoup the cost.

What about vintage mics, say a Turner +2 SSB or a +3, can they handle the initial higher voltage of a lithium 9v battery?

I pay $5-$6 per 9v Ultralife battery but believe that the long-life of a lithium, smaller chance of leakage and corrosion, and resistance to cold temps make them worth it. Anybody have other thoughts?

73's

Greg

The battery that I am using in my Turner +3 and the 575 was installed back in Nov 2004 - 7 yrs now.

It is a Ultralife, (lithium) and has worked excellent all them years.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.