• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

959 receive issue

9Lives

Oct 3, 2012
This radio is right out of the box. The only thing I've touched its the opamp on the input circuit (changed to burr Brown higher quality).

The receive its voice but it's like there's a compressor circuit in the radio out something that's killing loud audio. It is set to high or something. Hard to hear over truck noise.

It's there adv adjust ment to the radio or something?

Reactions: 1 person

I am in the port though. It's this bc of everyone's linears blasting my receiver? I have to run rf gain at 12:00 and volume all the way up to hear

Google ...galaxy DC 959 documentation project under the CB tricks site. It tells what adjustment is & how to set... I had a galaxy 919 that had great receive on it.. I will see if I can put the link in but I seem to have a hard time doing that.

Just because it is out of the box doesn't mean that someone didn't get their mitts in it. Check and see if there is a 2sc2999e at TR17. If there is; get a 2sc1674 from a junker radio and take out the 2999e and put in the 1674. I have found that the EPT0696xx (Galaxy 919, 949, 959, etc) boards do not do well with adding the 2sc2999e receive mod. The Schottky diodes are fine and should be kept in.

Here is a page that shows all of the HACKS done to this radio. Some are OK and some of them are not:

The Defpom EPT06960Z Galaxy 949 / 959 modifications

Just because it is out of the box doesn't mean that someone didn't get their mitts in it. Check and see if there is a 2sc2999e at TR17. If there is; get a 2sc1674 from a junker radio and take out the 2999e and put in the 1674. I have found that the EPT0696xx (Galaxy 919, 949, 959, etc) boards do not do well with adding the 2sc2999e receive mod. The Schottky diodes are fine and should be kept in.

Here is a page that shows all of the HACKS done to this radio. Some are OK and some of them are not:

The Defpom EPT06960Z Galaxy 949 / 959 modifications

I WAS getting my parts list off this site too until I realized that I better let a pro work on my 959. Mine has the 1674 in it. Didn't want to mess up a shiny new radio.

It's weird. When I was at home in the country the receive its good and loud as hell when I get to sav the volume drops dramatically. 2 days in a row. It's got to be agc. I don't think the 2999 it'd in it. I replaced the diodes with bat41s

When I wriggle the rf gain its almost louder noise wise in the 12:00 position. Is it possible the 1st transistor on line was over driven?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.