• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

95T RX/TX - RX switch (correction)

Brett Dean

May 28, 2015
Regrading the rx/tx - off- rx slider switch (for instance, ch19). When on rx/tx, or rx, i'm able to normally use the clarifier, when I switch to "off" It locks like it should, but onto 27.1840, not 27.1850 (ch19) Is this correct, Is this an alignment issue?

Last edited:

Regrading the rx/tx - off- rx slider switch (for instance, ch19). When on rx/tx, or rx, i'm able to normally use the clarifier, when I switch to "off" It locks like it should, but onto 27.1840, not 27.1850 (ch19) Is this correct, Is this an alignment issue?[/QUOTEive
Regrading the rx/tx - off- rx slider switch (for instance, ch19). When on rx/tx, or rx, i'm able to normally use the clarifier, when I switch to "off" It locks like it should, but onto 27.1840, not 27.1850 (ch19) Is this correct, Is this an alignment issue?
I have 2 95T's. and I've also wondered about this. I've only checked the radio I have hooked up in my car now, but when I'm on 19 and when the switch is off, I have no clarifier control, mine says 27.1860. I had the radio aligned within the past 6 months, and its dead on on SSB. Ive had both of my 95's for about 4 yrs and they have been great except for only 1 or 2 minor issues.
Ive tried playing with switches, I always just left it on RX/TX. I asked my radio tech about this and he says Galaxy has it because the radios drift. He really wasn't sure what the switches are really used for. I know I can use it on AM receive when someones radio is slightly off frequency to slide between the channels on AM.

Last edited:
I have 2 95T's. and I've also wondered about this. I've only checked the radio I have hooked up in my car now, but when I'm on 19 and when the switch is off, I have no clarifier control, mine says 27.1860. I had the radio aligned within the past 6 months, and its dead on on SSB. Ive had both of my 95's for about 4 yrs and they have been great except for only 1 or 2 minor issues.
Ive tried playing with switches, I always just left it on RX/TX. I asked my radio tech about this and he says Galaxy has it because the radios drift. He really wasn't sure what the switches are really used for. I know I can use it on AM receive when someones radio is slightly off frequency to slide between the channels on AM.

Chassis,

I emailed Galaxy regarding this issue and apparently it's just a VR907 alignment, it should be a pretty basic fix.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx95t/dx95t_vr_pcb_adj.htm

[QUOthanksTE="Ringworm, post: 525702, member: 45116"]Chassis,

I emailed Galaxy regarding this issue and apparently it's just a VR907 alignment, it should be a pretty basic fix.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/galaxy/dx95t/dx95t_vr_pcb_adj.htm
Wow thanks! I will check into that.[/QUOTE].

Galaxy actually replied within 24 hours. The Galaxy tech did confirm, when the rx/tx switch is in the off position, it should lock on to the correct frequency for the particular channel you're currently on. So, good news, and easy adjustment.

I always just left it on RX/TX. I asked my radio tech about this and he says Galaxy has it because the radios drift. He really wasn't sure what the switches are really used for.

He is not much of a tech if he doesn't know what those switches are for.

What the switch does is marked right on the radio itself, Geez!

If you don't know, then here it is.

The RX/TX - RX switch determines the function of the coarse ( big knob) clarifier to shift the frequency of both the transmit and receive frequency simultaneously when the RX/TX is selected. This lets you "slide" between channels like transmitting and receiving on 27.400 MHz.

When RX is selected, then only the received frequency is shifted with the coarse knob and usually used to clarify off frequency stations. This does the same as the inner small knob but with a wider range of adjustment. These knobs are primarily used in SSB mode.

The off button is just that, the clarifier is out of the circuit .

The small knob fine clarifier is for receive only unless some idiot modified it and it's used only for small fine receiver adjustments and in most cases, is usually good enough to tune in off frequency SSB stations.This knob can be used independently on either side of the RX/TX - RX switch.

Last edited:

It is out of alignment.

If the radio is properly aligned by someone who knows what they are doing, then the radio should transmit and receive on 27.185.0 MHz and also display 27.185.0 MHz with the clarifier switched out and also with both clarifier knobs at the 12:00 position with the clarifier circuits switched in.

Read the above post if you are not sure the function of the clarifier knobs and switch positions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ringworm
It is out of alignment.

If the radio is properly aligned by someone who knows what they are doing, then the radio should transmit and receive on 27.185.0 MHz and also display 27.185.0 MHz with the clarifier switched out and also with both clarifier knobs at the 12:00 position with the clarifier circuits switched in.

Read the above post if you are not sure the function of the clarifier knobs and switch positions.

He is not much of a tech if he doesn't know what those switches are for.

What the switch does is marked right on the radio itself, Geez!

If you don't know, then here it is.

The RX/TX - RX switch determines the function of the coarse ( big knob) clarifier to shift the frequency of both the transmit and receive frequency simultaneously when the RX/TX is selected. This lets you "slide" between channels like transmitting and receiving on 27.400 MHz.

When RX is selected, then only the received frequency is shifted with the coarse knob and usually used to clarify off frequency stations. This does the same as the inner small knob but with a wider range of adjustment. These knobs are primarily used in SSB mode.

The off button is just that, the clarifier is out of the circuit .

The small knob fine clarifier is for receive only unless some idiot modified it and it's used only for small fine receiver adjustments and in most cases, is usually good enough to tune in off frequency SSB stations.This knob can be used independently on either side of the RX/TX - RX switch.
Thanks for the clarification on that Fourstringburn. Yes I should clarify that my technician did know what the switches did , did he just wasn't sure why they put it on the radio. He said if the radio is aligned correctly you shouldnt need the switches and the regular clarifier is all you would need. I'm going to play around with the switch a little bit more to become a little bit more familiar with them. I've just never saw a radio with those switches before. I think it's a great feature. Thanks again for the input. Much appreciated!

Typically clarifiers are for receive only on CB radios so most people have them modified them to be "unlocked" to shift the transmit as well to be able to transmit.and receive on frequencies other than the 40 channels making it more of a VFO tuning type radio.

The reason why for the switch is so no clarifier mod that is usually done is necessary and gives you the option to use the coarse clarifier in a locked or unlocked state at will so you can still use the coarse clarifier to tune in someone who is off frequency beyond the range of the fine knob without shifting your TX.

On HF Amateur rigs, we have separate switches that can be used separately or simultaneously for these functions called RIT and XIT (Receive and Transmit Incremental Tuning). Yet I rarely use it on the Amateur bands since most HF radios on the airwaves are on frequency far more than what I hear on 11 meters.

Reactions: chassis221
Very
Typically clarifiers are for receive only on CB radios so most people have them modified them to be "unlocked" to shift the transmit as well to be able to transmit.and receive on frequencies other than the 40 channels making it more of a VFO tuning type radio.

The reason why for the switch is so no clarifier mod that is usually done is necessary and gives you the option to use the coarse clarifier in a locked or unlocked state at will so you can still use the coarse clarifier to tune in someone who is off frequency beyond the range of the fine knob without shifting your TX.

On HF Amateur rigs, we have separate switches that can be used separately or simultaneously for these functions called RIT and XIT (Receive and Transmit Incremental Tuning). Yet I rarely use it on the Amateur bands since most HF radios on the airwaves are on frequency far more than what I hear on 11 meters.

fourstringburn, post: 525745, member: 2920"]Typically clarifiers are for receive only on CB radios so most people have them modified them to be "unlocked" to shift the transmit as well to be able to transmit.and receive on frequencies other than the 40 channels making it more of a VFO tuning type radio.

On HF Amateur rigs, we have separate switches that can be used separately or simultaneously for these functions called RIT and XIT (Receive and Transmit Incremental Tuning). Yet I rarely use it on the Amateur bands since most HF radios on the airwaves are on frequency far more than what I hear on 11 meters.[/QUOTE]

Great info..very informative.I could not find in detail how the switch was supposed to work. Thanks again!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.