• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

95T tuning

bigred222

Key Up City Radio
Aug 28, 2006
Stamford, CT
www.cbjunk.com
I went to my local cb shop last week and he advised against tuning the radio at all said that it would blow up later if he tried to crank out anymore power out of it. anyone heard of this or something similar, he said the same thing goes for pretty much any 100watt radio

If the radio is properly aligned, then pushing it for MAX output will shorten the finals lifespan. Wringing the last watt out of the radio will not make that much difference on
the other end of a contact. If your radio does 100 Watts with no overheating issues, then
leave it where it is. If you are wanting more wattage, then consider a good amp.
But, on 11 meters, 100 watts should be more than enough to be heard when conditions are right. When they are not, then no amount of power will be enough!
Good luck and pay attention to your tech he is telling you right.
trucker

I think that says alot about your local tech. There is a big difference between properly tuning and aligning a radio and trying to wring every last watt out of it.

I don't see why he would not bench test it and see what the dead key levels are set at. Check to see if it's on frequency, the receive might need some alignment work. Nothing wrong with a good tune and alignment for any radio.

Yes it says allot abot the tech you took it to. No need to crank every last milliwatt out of it.

those radios are better off with a propper alignment and left at that.

I went to my local cb shop last week and he advised against tuning the radio at all said that it would blow up later if he tried to crank out anymore power out of it. anyone heard of this or something similar, he said the same thing goes for pretty much any 100watt radio

Cutting the limiter out of that particular radio would be a HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!
The guy you talked to in that CB shop is a HUGE IDIOT!
Every Export radio needs a tune up because right out of the box you are lucky if they have 70% modulation.
CB stands for Continuous Bullshitting.

nooooooooooooo

that radio was peaked and tuned by gijoes when i bought it.
dont waste your money.

Tune and align

I agree with getting tuned and aligned properly. I'm In favor of it operating at peak effeiency and lasting for years to come. Quality vs. Quantity. Just wish I knew where to take my new 959 to get it properly tuned and aligned. :pop:

that radio was peaked and tuned by gijoes when i bought it.
dont waste your money.

Is this the radio he has then? If so I agree, unless it has an issue if G I Joe's already tuned it up there is no point in messing with it.

where to get a Galaxy DX-959 alignment

Thanks! I had been comunicating with another about an align and tune plus changing out the caps and a receive mod. . My 959 has two transistors on the back. Isn't this a one final radio? Manufacture date is 12/11 and I bought it new from Amazon before I found out that one could be bought and aligned at other stores. I turned the modulation up all the way and am using a new 2018 Xtreme power mic plus I turned the ssb alc to the 7:30 position per Galaxy Tech instructions and set the ssb power to 12 watts by saying AAAAAh/18 watts whistle. The Roadpro swr/power meter shows 41 watts swing on ssb whistling. Am power is set at 1 watt lo and 4 watts high. P.S. My brother says to leave it alone but it staggers like a drunken whale on ssb.

Last edited:
yes

i sold him the radio
bought it and had it converted and peaked and tuned at gijoes.
if i remember right it was doing around 150watts or so
with very loud mod.i only used it about 5 times. paid almost 500 bucks with the tune.
if your running that little will ant. might want to invest in a better ant.
just my thoughts

As far as the 95T goes. If you tune it WITH OUT doing all of the BS mods to it that 98% of the CB shops push then you wont hurt a thing. Mine was tuned by me over 8 years ago,40 watts max key,130 watts pep,limiter NOT removed and it worked great for me for years on both AM as well as SSB,as far as I know it still works fine today. The only time you going to run into a problem with tuning a radio like this is when you let some clown do it!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated