• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

95t

flatlander89

Feb 28, 2015
I've got a Galaxy 95t2 that cuts in and out at/around 85 90%mod.Any ideas?Also if not the problem will it help to upgrade mod amps(q55,q54)?thanks in advance

Good call Robb that radio will need to be powered straight to the battery, not run off dash posts. Next up would be if some golden screwdriver shop "tuned it" so to speak. We need more information, whats the history of the radio, who tuned it, mobile or base, how are you feeding it, what mic, anything been clipped, any crazy mods?

Good call Robb that radio will need to be powered straight to the battery, not run off dash posts. Next up would be if some golden screwdriver shop "tuned it" so to speak. We need more information, whats the history of the radio, who tuned it, mobile or base, how are you feeding it, what mic, anything been clipped, any crazy mods?

I bought the radio off the internet not working.I'm not a pro tech but I've been working on radios for awhile.I went thru the whole thing including new original 2290s.So didn't take the cheap route.Tuned it myself with scope to STOCK levels.Doesn't have a lot of mods except channels and bolted final.Redone it about 6months ago and had it in a diesel truck powered directly off the battery then 1 day no mod.Power output fine.Took it out of truck,took cover off checked everything over nothing fried.checked connections going to echo board and its putting out audio again.Also when I had it in the the reports on audio were great.It could be my bench supply is too weak.ill try to get more power to it.Thanks guys and sorry bout the quotes(clumsy fingers and lil buttons):(

Also the voltages of collectors of q54 &55 are lower than specs and there is a diode from the collectors on the solder side of the board.

20 amps/ pill = 40 amps required for that radio to function properly.

Keep in mind that just because a power supply says 40 amps on the name plate, doesn't mean it will deliver it. Power supplies are notoriously mislabeled.

Also, check the voltage regulator in the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.