• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

980ssb

mrgumby

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 26, 2006
massachustts
im looking for a power on off / squelch switch for uniden 980 Ssb I checked uniden website but no luck I’ll try calling or emailing them I was wondering if any one would no if the are available any where else

Attachments

• 07EC50A5-7F29-4794-B7F0-B9FC829DC856.jpeg
    07EC50A5-7F29-4794-B7F0-B9FC829DC856.jpeg
    964.4 KB · Views: 27

Since they are still in production I would say that a direct connection with the company is best.If you go thru a dealer the you will pay a middle man fee for their time & services.

SIX-SHOOTER

Good luck,i called asking for a part n was told send it back to them.
Dug in my junk n foud to what i needed

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I know I don’t have a new one in stock but I possibly have a used one. I know for certain I have an 880 and I feel like they’re the same part, used of course but works fine.

Reactions: Rwb
Yes if it will work. I’m fixing this for an old time local so I would like to fixit and keep it simple for him. That’s why I was thinking about by passing it. There is a pic of it in my original post

from his picture it looks like the same one. not sure why but the volume knob and the channel selector switches get broken a lot. there use to be a seller on ebay that was carrying them but he has long gone. I had to change a channel switch and a volume switch on 2 different radios in the past 3 or 4 years. not sure why people are breaking them. both of the ones I changed out they claimed they never did any thing to them and they just fell off.
who knows for sure. but this will not be the last ones you will see of these. I was wondering if the switches are just very cheap. they look just about like the ones ranger uses on all the new radios.

They look like the ones in the Cobra 29LX also. I usually have a few of these new but not right now, this is from a working radio I just pulled apart for parts. So I know it works... good question on how they get broken.

Beats me. Things just aren’t made like they used to be I guess.

The boards and plug are sold separately than the control itself. According to what I can find at one wholesaler, the part number is BRVG1057001 but what you find listed and the pic posted will show the RF Gain control. That part number is BRVG1052001.

2001 is listed as the RF Gain control but all pics I've seen show the vol/on/off/sq
7001 is listed as the Vol/On/Off control but all pics I've seen show the RF Gain

I believe they've been taken from one source that has it backwards and so everyone else is just copying them...

There's multiple options on the net if you want a brand new one. If you don't mind a used one, I'll be happy to hook you up with this one, PM me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.