• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base A-99 and Neighbors?

I have not seen any information posted about what type radio or power level you have?
If the radio is super whack packed top gun modulated then could be spurious RF SPLATTER being transmitted.
I have used A99 verticals and never had any problems with RFI,,choke wrapped on the coax at fed point and clean modulation from the rig,
I have an optima mk3 into a dx500. I'm happy with the way it is running with the a99. I just turn the stereo off and the problem is solved. I have talked to all the neighbors near me, and they say they haven't noticed a thing.

I've had a couple of A99's that acted bad with RF at my station but I came to suspect it was just that particular antenna. I've also had several that never gave me any trouble...even without running a coaxial choke.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.