• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Better Option Than DCA55

I don’t think I need the 370, not that involved but that’d be a nice toy to have in the shop. The RCA looks interesting but if the DCA is just as good for what I’m doing, I don’t guess there’s a huge need to buy something else, is there?

I was really hoping the DCA would give a pass or fail, all the time. That’s not really possible I don’t guess, not considering variables and all. The Pro looks a little better but it’s not really much more than the one I have. It would be if a device existed that would identify the part by number (not possible I don’t think) and could test/stress it just like as if it were in circuit. That’s probably a daydream of mine though

You can do a pass/fail test with something like the 370 because it's GPIB.
Just a matter of making a jig if required and writing the software.

The reason devices like the DCA can't do pass/fail is they don't know anything about the DUT. If you write an application for the 370 you can insert the device, run your tests and if the parameters are in-line with whatever you say they are then the device passes.

The DCA is more of a "what do you think this part is" sort of analyzer.

These pass/fail type devices exist. But they are used in a custom setting and usually during the binning process. It's this automated system that determines what they have and where it goes.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.