• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A/C Fan Motor Noise

ctvanover

N/A
May 22, 2005
Archdale, NC 27263
I know that there is probably thread here some where that describes this but here goes. I drive an L-model Kenworth, it has a Galaxy 33 strapped to the dash. Whenever the blower motor is on it picks it up and whats worse is that when the sleeper blower motor is on it is even worse, it's like your picking up both blower motors at the same time and you just can't hear anything unless they're with in 500 to a 1000 feet of you. What can I do to solve this noise problem.

Any idea if the Magnum DC Power line Noise Filter CB Ham Radio XLF-20C is any good or not?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Chris

First, with the noise present, disconnect the antenna and see if it goes away.

If the noise remains with the antenna disconnected, the noise is coming in via the power line and some type of filter would probably work.

If the noise goes away when you disconnect the antenna, the noise is being radiated. With DC motors, the first choice would be to replace the brushes. If that doesn't do the job, I'd install some disc ceramic capacitors from the power terminal to ground, with as short leads as possible.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned