• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A completely UNHACKED Cobra 2000GTL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
( Snake radio removed the Video after seeing this thread posted here, one can only assume that he did not want anyone else to see it)

man this guy is a piece of work!
so sad what has become of this once very nice radio.

dont miss the part about the 6 2SC2999's he added! LMAO

LC

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

Best line was "Its never been hacked" I agree until he got his hands on it He destroyed a fine radio forsure. His next mission will be to buy a brandnew Cadillac and set it up for the demolition derby. Ohh yeah and the part where he says "some smartass tech scratched the board" can you believe it someone ruined that radio by marking the board LMAO!!! The very least of the troubles to come for the owner of that wreck. All in all PRICELESS I SAY SIMPLY PRICELESS!!!! :LOL::LOL:

Ahhhh Is that....no he would not...ahhhh is that hot melt he used to attach the heat sink to the....no that could not be...no one would do.....ahhhh I ahhhh

wow

:eek:
We have a winner in the Most stuff you can put on a radio award, lets move all the VR`s to the back of the radio, you can adjust EVERYTHING!
I got to give the guy credit for nice wirewrapping, and clean Knob install....but you got to ask yourself.....why?
And I hate to break it to him, the 3 digit display has been done, so it will not be "the only one in the world"

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
Hot melt on a heat sink is beyond stupid. I know a lot of techs use hot melt because of the convenience, but if the radio is a mobile unit and going to be in a vehicle the only appropriate thing to use would be epoxy.
It is not a question of "If" but "When" it will fail.
I have seen entire boards encapsulated in hot melt and glued right on top of the main board.
Not a good idea and not a good practice.

I also hate knobs on the back, sides, top or bottom of a radio. If I can't get it through the front, it has to go in an auxiliary enclosure that will be attached to the radio so the knob will be facing forward like all of the other controls.
(I am just a wee bit on the AR side when it comes to my equipment) :D

This guy is a jewel.....he took one of the finest CB radios ever made and just simply ...well.....hacked it to pieces...and that is being nice

What a maroon

he should be strung up and beat with a 102 inch whip...for a very long time

What gets me is there are alot of radios on the market that have several of these options that hes adding!! Another funny thing is yes the Cobra 2000 was in my opinion one of the best CB base stations and the President madison with the old green flip clock was also a prize possesion (UNTIL) one starts adding things and messing with their circuitry. Duh Duh

Thats Timmy from Snake Radios Inc.

He's a total idiot and hack. Just watch his web cam sometime.

He's got great test equipment there. Whistling into a Dosy meter, and he has made the comment before that he "aligns radios by ear" through his receiving radio :headbang

Thats Timmy from Snake Radios Inc.

He's a total idiot and hack. Just watch his web cam sometime.

He's got great test equipment there. Whistling into a Dosy meter, and he has made the comment before that he "aligns radios by ear" through his receiving radio :headbang

:eek: LMAO!!! I remember doing that but when I first started tinkering!!! funny!!!

SoulCast - SNAKERADIOSINC.com SCAM

SoulCast - Snake Radios Inc Scam Artist Tim

i cannot speak to the validity of this person's claim, but he seems pretty upset.

Tim has spent a lot of time following my posts online.
i have for years posted mod info online to help us DIYers, and he charges people money to do mods that anyone can find.

Wanna have a laugh?
call him up and tell him you need him to lower the deadkey on your uniden PRO-538w to match your 2 pill amp.
he will give you every reason in the book why it either cant be done, or why its not worth doing.
the truth is he doesnt know how because no one has posted that mod online yet. LMAO!
LC

The term I like to use is "Google Tech" if you cant find the answer with google, it just cant be done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.