• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A decline in radio quality?

68 Mag

The other day, I broke out my old CB. I turned it on, and just heard a horrible mirage of swearing and useless blabber, mostly by truck drivers. Is it just in my area, or is this happening all over the country?

smallerfrugalsquirrel.jpg

Get ready.
flag2.jpg

Human by birth, American by the grace of God.
<a href=http://pub50.ezboard.com/b68sboards>My Forums, please visit.</A>

<a href=http://www.dig.4mg.com/>The Dremel Internet Group.</A>
</p>

I think it's everywhere..I know of at least 2 locals here in Orlando that try and get s--t stirred up every morning..

B.t.w..I like the Paintball column in your forum..had me wondering when I saw "68 Mag"..Great airgun...

timexsig.gif

RCI6300Tb,Xf400Hd,RCI2950(PreDX),TX200,Wilson2k,Rk56

436 Central Florida</p>

I think that problem is all over the place. I believe that is why the freeband channels are so used, but they are not immune from the problems either.

fasteddy

</p>

fast eddie, i'm afraid it's everywhere.i can,t stand am anymore-went all ssb. even there you will find the buttholes! i for one would like to see the air waves trash free but i don't see it ever happening.i've never seen such a waste of good radio equipment! every sat. & sun. morning i even hear some dummy "broadcasting" a talk show over the radio on 37 & 38 lsb.-but what do you do- i go free band-at times they are there too.

</p>

Timex, have you posted on my forums? I'm sorry, but I dont recognize the name...

Get ready.
flag2.jpg

</p>

Nope..haven't signed up yet..Didn't realize it existed until I saw your sig. link..I follow paintball on Warpig as much as time allows..

timexsig.gif

436 Central Florida</p>

Ah, I see. As it is, my forums are dying (dead), and I seem to be getting out of paintball and into radios and scanners (hint, hint, check my post in the scanner forum).

Get ready.
flag2.jpg

</p>

68, Sorry to hear about the forum thing..I just registered over there..I don't get out and play ball like I used to either..Too many interests and just not enough hours in the day..

timexsig.gif

436 Central Florida</p>

iv'e never understood the mentality of some,on the radio. i worked a station from AL. last week and the guy stated that it was to bad that the terrorist didn't get more of the (racial slurs) and the rest of the (more slurs) loving yankees. Then there are the local cb rambo's that own channels and want to cut coax and kick everyones butt that has an opion different than theirs. i'm glad all my rigs came with a channel changer and an on /off switch

</p>

Listen to Mr. Wunnerful down in Texas on 38 LSB sometime. Makes me wanna fly down there just to do some coax cuttin. I'm back quiet.

St Nick
Cobra 2000 GTL wi/a
200w Homebuilt Kicker
Antron 99

Limited Edition Cobra 29
With Wilson 1000</p>

hey there st.nick, PLEASE let me know when you go- i'd like to cut more than his coax! he's the one i spoke of above but couldn't remember his handle. it's a shame his rig sounds so good. what a waste of good equipment!

73's man w527

</p>

I actually spoke to this guy one night. He says he has a moonraker 6 on 60 feet of Rohn tower and a Henry 2K. I dunno what he has but when he keys up I lose everone else. I usually just turn off the radio when he is on there. A more arrogant man I have never heard. 'course there is his buddy Mr. Fantastic too. He doesn't have near the thump as "W" though. Maybe we kin get a reduced rate on Greyhound if we agree to provide protection for the driver. And I'm back quiet.

St Nick
Cobra 2000 GTL wi/a
200w Homebuilt Kicker
Antron 99

Limited Edition Cobra 29
With Wilson 1000</p>

Well it is called the "citizens band" and there is no accounting for some of the "citizens" that use it.Locally in Lincoln Ne we have our own brand of radio agitators.Does anyone remember "Bam Bam" form Oklahoma city?

</p>

Ah yes, the old BAM BAM. When I lived in Hampton Roads, VA, I could hear him like he was local. BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM. (And I'm keyin' on DOWN...)

What I love are the guys that you are sincerely trying to help out that take offense (usually by buying a larger linear) when you offer to help out.

We've got this one young fellow near here who bought a (very expensive) radio that supposedly had a 'super mod' (or 'super modj' as he would pronounce it) kit installed. The thing sounded like a rat's arse and was bleeding 30 channels. EVERYONE was telling him this. I offered to correct the problem (for free no less). So what does he do? Says "hold on a minute...I'm hookin' up a bigger box."

I just love the mentality of some of these guys. Oh, well, I guess there's always the Television.

"I see a name....it starts with a consonant"

</p>

Buttfuzz, Im surprised that young fellow wasnt blacking out your TV with all of that splatter.Know what you mean about guys not wanting help.Although lately I fixed a locals radio for him (cobra29) that was bleeding over all 40 channels and had a "supermod" done by the local radio "guru".This guy butchered that 29 so much I had to replace a lot of fried semiconductors just to get it to work again.Now the guru is mad at me and the rest of the locals are wondering why his radio is so loud now.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.