• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

a fatboy amp?

It does not say fatboy anywhere in the listing, why do you think it's a fatboy? That said looks like someone got someone got some cases and hand built an amp based on a standard class C comp style box. Send the seller a PM and ask.

Very few can run at 17 volts. No one will actually see anything close to 700 watts from a 1x2 amp. I don't really even like the 1x2 set-up anyway. Get a 2 pill with 2879's and your good to go.

am power :bdh:

from the looks of the case it looks like my buddys fatboiiii .... guess im wrong.
dont you think a 2x1446s has more slap in the face AUDIO, then 2x2879s? yes 2879 produce more x wattage then 1446.
but i seem to hear much Louder audio from 1446s then 2879s

Fatboy case but he sells cases to half the universe.. wire coloring isn't right for FB's (this info i got from a couple of Tony's builders)

Nothing really wrong with a 1446 driver, it has the same output as a 2290 but requires less drive to achieve it (i.e.higher gain) so something like a Cobra 29 would be fine to drive it with

not really great pics so i cant see what value components he used where to have some idea if it were something assembled off internet plans or maybe the person knew what they were doing i can see 700 peak@17V on a GOOD day with a harmonicing turd of a radio driving it but your average joe in a car at 13.8VDC will see much less....

if it were an AMPOWER box it would look like an XF box with the stickers ripped off and would probably reek of rum when you received it

a 2 pill doesn't need a driver . a typical cb radio will get all the clean power a pair of 2879s can deliver . class C yadda yadda yadda ............

a 2 pill doesn't need a driver
you are correct..but this particular amp has one in it so i was just adding some information to the discussion

. a typical cb radio will get all the clean power a pair of 2879s can deliver . class C yadda yadda yadda ............

if the OP worried about class of amplifier he'd be looking at texas stars and not something claiming to do 700W at voltage most guys don't run anyway

im not familiar with the OP to know what he does and doesn't know .
but even if he is a die hard class c fan id still make the post . its what i do :love::LOL:

im not familiar with the OP to know what he does and doesn't know .
but even if he is a die hard class c fan id still make the post . its what i do :love::LOL:

iv one and only one amp. 2x1446 would do 350w all day PEP max. no more and many less.

yes a 1x4 is a joke, ONLY if your running it with a small radio cobra, galaxy etc etc....

my next amp is either going to be a straight HD 4x1446s (rare to find, so im told) or a 4x2879hd.

thanks all the amp is worthless to me without a video of it actually working. just imo it was a FB box it could have rox in it for all we know. not worth asking the seller.:whistle:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?