• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A FEW QUESTIONS ON OLDER SSB BASE

Space Cowboy,

The extra wire is for the foot switch. I use a Shure SM-58 studio microphone on a boom with a shock mount, and I key the radio with 2 motorola footswitches. One footswitch is located at my computer desk, the other is located about in the center of my work bench. I can use either switch to key the radio and talk.

2RT307,

I had thought about doing a mosfet conversion on mine... but I do prefer the good old bipolar transistors, and since it didn't need the conversion there's no reason to fix something that ain't broke. :)

~Cheers~

exit13 I agree on if its not broke do not fix it as far as a final install. I love the old president washington 858 PLL radios myself. I will use one of them before the new radios. I bought a magnum 3000b base radio years ago and only used it a few times. went back to my washington.

THANKS KLONDIKEMIKE

I'm really looking for a president Madison. The uniden u pictued looks great. I really have my sites set on the president. Thanks

Space Cowboy,

The extra wire is for the foot switch. I use a Shure SM-58 studio microphone on a boom with a shock mount, and I key the radio with 2 motorola footswitches. One footswitch is located at my computer desk, the other is located about in the center of my work bench. I can use either switch to key the radio and talk.

2RT307,

I had thought about doing a mosfet conversion on mine... but I do prefer the good old bipolar transistors, and since it didn't need the conversion there's no reason to fix something that ain't broke. :)

~Cheers~

This tech only changes them if they are blown. He's told me the same thing in the past... no sense in changing them if they work fine. (y)

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.