• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A little different setup...

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
Hello guys, as some of you all know Ive had quite a few things happen here the last few months that has put a damper on having a station setup here.....and at the present time my Imax is here at the shack, and Ive also got power lines in the back yard as well, as well as a transformer setting on the hill close by too......and from what the couple neighbors Ive talked to says they havent had any problems having there Tvs, ect messed up...

This maybe due to the HD I was running with my Cobra 2000 wasnt enough to drive it very well as you know....so, since then Ive sold my XF40012 base amp I was running, and now hoping to try something a little different...

Ive got a place thats about 225-250ft away from me here, and Id like to know if Id run some Bury-Flex coax up there, and go to a Imax 2k and not have any RF issues ?..........just like to know if this would be far enough away from the neighbors and maybe would it work or not ?....

Because Id like to have me a 2 pill, and maybe a beam if I can do this and not cause any RF problems..also this would get me away from the power lines too....thanks...

The further away the antenna is from neighbors etc the less likely there will be problems. Will it 100% eliminate the possibility? No guarantee on that. No body can say 100% for sure as there too many factors beyond the operators control like what pieces of crap electronics the neighbors have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.