• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

a new connex radio!!!

Sounds like some people do not like truckdrivers or they are jealous of the attention the radio manufacturers are giving them(us). We are the lions share of the market place , so deal with it!

And some of us are ignorant as hell when it comes to radios.

Yes, I found it quite amazing that it's not yet for sale on any major online website, nor is it found on any search engine. I found it for sale at a truckstop CB shop in Holbrook Az. Why this shop seems to be the only one that has it is beyond me, but it is just like I described in the first post, it's essentially the same as the connex 4300-300, just with more RF power.

Roger that northstar well KEEP US UPDATED ALL I WANT TO SEE THIS Thing. even though it probably looks no different than the 4300-300

73's all
BR is out
Like I been saying, it is the same faceplate, controls and features as the connex 4300-400, or the 4600 turbo for that matter. The main difference is the power output which is 425 watts out of the box. I believe this to be a 4 pill 2879 version of the 4300-300. The name on the radio says "4300-400WSM"

The reason why I didn't buy it is because I love my Galaxy 95T2. I'am still waiting for galaxy to come out with a 4 pill version of the 95T2 perferably, or the 98VHP. The radio is selling at the CB shop in Holbrook AZ for $679.00. Alot of money, but if you consider what a nice 10 meter costs along with an 4 pill amp, I say it's the best way to go being that the radio is designed for the amp and doesn't require much tweeking.

Like I been saying, it is the same faceplate, controls and features as the connex 4300-400, or the 4600 turbo for that matter. The main difference is the power output which is 425 watts out of the box. I believe this to be a 4 pill 2879 version of the 4300-300. The name on the radio says "4300-400WSM"

The reason why I didn't buy it is because I love my Galaxy 95T2. I'am still waiting for galaxy to come out with a 4 pill version of the 95T2 perferably, or the 98VHP. The radio is selling at the CB shop in Holbrook AZ for $679.00. Alot of money, but if you consider what a nice 10 meter costs along with an 4 pill amp, I say it's the best way to go being that the radio is designed for the amp and doesn't require much tweeking.

yeah for that price you could almost get a galaxy 33 and a davemade 2x4 which would blow the doors off of a 4 pill radio.

yeah for that price you could almost get a galaxy 33 and a davemade 2x4 which would blow the doors off of a 4 pill radio.

almost?

Take that DX33HP, because this is currently available and its a dual final radio.
Then take your typical straight four-pill, because a dual final radio is sufficient to drive this without any driver in the amplifier, if the CB does 50 watts PEP.
DX33HP = $170
4-pill = $325
$170 + $325 = $495

With a four pill inside a radio, i would be worried about voltage drop during transmit effecting the radio.
Also, the CB needs to be carefully shielded from the amplifier to prevent stray RF from fouling the radio circuits.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.