• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A new country!!

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
QATAR - 115KP115 - I have been seeing people on the cluster talking to him, and now I finally made a contact to him with S7. Very happy....

Attachments

• cdn_image.gif
    cdn_image.gif
    126.9 KB · Views: 42

Congratulations Larry ! That's a fantastic contact !
I've never made contact with anyone in the Middle East, but I did reach Serbia and the Poland/Ukraine border this season, so hopefully I'll get lucky one day soon !

Good one and congrats!

I talked to a Kilo Papa member in Doha, Qatar a few days ago. He said his name was Safe or Saieef?. Had a couple in Morocco too on 27.345. Made a contact from the southern tip of Spain not far from Morocco.

Had contact with 974 Reunion Island. Talked to him a few times already. He speaks English, and some other language I don't recognize. Google maps says, as the crow flies, 9,667 miles from western, NC to Reunion Island.

Conditions have been awesome, but I know for sure the Sirio four element that I just put up the other week has made all these great contacts possible. My vertical just could not hold these signals that the Sirio is locking in on.

the Sirio four element that I just put up the other week has made all these great contacts possible.
I've never had a beam in 40 years on the radio. My verticals and dipoles have enabled me to make contact with over 70 countries on every continent. And all with 150 watts or less.
It's easier with a beam, but certainly not impossible with a vertical or dipole.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.