• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A question about HT rubber antennas

iz1mgz

Jul 8, 2013
Perhaps I should open this thread in the Antenna sections......because my doubts are principally about che Maldol SMA 209 V/U antenna.
I own it in both bnc and sma version and the bnc performs quite well for this kind of antenna but the sma one has poor performances in uhf.

The bnc version is advertised ad 144/430mhz range antenna but on the sma blister is written 146/446mhz.
I don't remeber the whole world bandplan but in my country the ham freq in this range are 144-146mhz and 430-438mhz, so the 446mhz seems to be for another coutry rules.
My question is: is possible that different brand antennas with the same product code are tuned for different frequencies?
I tried to measure the ros but with these antennas is difficult to obtain accurate results probably because they work at best when mounted to the HT and the HT is Hand held

So many of these HT antenna brands copy each other that's it's impossible to tell if same model numbers from different brands are actually made the same. Add to the mix all of the Chinese knock-offs and you can get very random results when trying to compare them.

I am writing about the Maldol MH-209 sma version, advertised in many shops as 144/430 antenna but the in the one I got is written 146/446

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1