• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

a question

There are two Top Gun modules available. One is a Top Gun Compressor, and the other is a Top Gun Modulator.

Which one are you referring to?

The Top Gun Compressor works on AM and SSB modes, It gives some punch to the audio and raises the average output of the radio.

The Top Gun Modulator works on AM mode only. It gives AM modulation ("your voice") lots of audio gain.

That is a good question. Would the Compressor work on the 2950's and on the 2950dx ?? As to the same reference on the Compressor that was installed on the AR-3500's ?? Way back when ?? I had one on my AR-3500 100wt. model.

I wouldn't even consider hacking up a good radio with that stuff. I don't even like the way they sound on Magnum radios, and they sound worse on other radios.

I played with the Top Gun for a while and im not impressed, it looked like crap on the scope! If i were you save your money and do a standard NPC swing mod if that's what you want.

Magnum radio's rock, if you have a bad one the shop that tuned it does not know how to make a magnum radio perform. That said I would just do a standard and correct peak, tune, and alignment to your 2950 radio, they don't need anything extra done.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: