• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Smiley's CB Shop Corning, California

Jan 12, 2010
Attention group,

There is a new CB "technician" in the Corning area.
His training is questionable, his work is questionable.
I know of many people who have been duped by this
person.

According to the Red Bluff daily news Smiley's CB
shop, is registered and run under a fictitious name.
Read for yourself:
8B – Daily News – Saturday, April 9, 2011
The following
ABANDONMENT OF USE OF FICTITIOUS BUSINESS
NAME File # 2011000118 LEGAL NOTICE STATEMENT OF
has/have abandoned the use of the following fictitious business
name: Smiley’s CB Shop 3600 Hwy 99 W., Corning, CA 96021
Lisa M. Rook
person(s)
Legal Notices Legal Notices Legal Notices Legal Notices LEGAL NOTICE
or follow this link and read this from the Red Bluff Daily news website:
Red Bluff Daily News - April 09, 2011

This matter is of the utmost importance, I do not want to see any more
good people getting duped by this ex-con. He has caused much pain and
misgivings around here. CAVIET EMPTOR, Which means Buyer beware.
I am posting this so the buyers here are aware.
:thumbdown:

Reactions: rabbiporkchop

Smiley Rook has been in the cb shop business for a long time. Is he worth a damn? Don't know, don't care but he's not new to the business.

As for the abandonment of the fictitious name, it means nothing other than the fact he isn't going to be running a business known as Smiley's CB Shop at that address.

Unless he kicked your dog or something, this whole thread is worthless.

A Smileys CB shop Corning, California.

GLR,

Do you really think that it is worthless to warn swimmers
in the waters that there is a shark nearby?

Do you really think it is worthless that Lisa M. Rook is
being chased around by the IRS to pay the taxes on Smileys
profits?

Do you really think it is OK to register an illegal business
under your ex-wifes name. Now she is having to spend
thousands of dollars on lawyers to free herself from this
illegal business.

Why would a man register his business under a name other
than his own? Unless to defraud?

This will be my last post on this subject.

GLR,

Do you really think that it is worthless to warn swimmers
in the waters that there is a shark nearby?

Sure do.

Do you really think it is worthless that Lisa M. Rook is
being chased around by the IRS to pay the taxes on Smileys
profits?

I really don't give a shit. Every time you do business somewhere do you verify that they have no taxes due?

Do you really think it is OK to register an illegal business
under your ex-wifes name. Now she is having to spend
thousands of dollars on lawyers to free herself from this
illegal business.

Prove there isn't more to that story and I might begin to care.

Why would a man register his business under a name other
than his own? Unless to defraud?

Thousands of US businesses are registered under names other than the person managing day to day operations. Nothing at all wrong with that.

This will be my last post on this subject.

How unfortunate.

I don't really have time to dig into it now, but a fictitious name is whats known as a DBA, or "Doing Business As". Setting up a corporate name, and a business name is common practice if that's what is going on here, I'm not willing to register to follow your link though.

Never bought anything from Smileys...But one thing i will say, is he needs to do some work with his web site!

No pictures...No prices...A disclaimer on the Home Page...makes ya wonder.

How is Kale's website looking these days?

How is Kale's website looking these days?

Kale hasn't got a site, and never has...Just saying for a CB Shop Smileys Web Page is not much more than just a Home page, with nothing in it...Maybe their just re-doing the site and the new ones just not up yet...no idea.

Didn't say there was a crime committed. Just the Web Site looks like one that either has been for the most part taken down, or is in the processes of being re-done.

Dear Sir...

If you open the Red Bluff Daily News at any given day, you'll find at least 2 businesses that register for a fictitious business name. It's not illegal. The only way you would not have to do it is if you use your legal name in the business name, like Harry Peter Johnson Roofing and Tire Shop. Most want a unique business name.

If you have any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them.

Thanks for your time.
Lisa M. Rook

Not that my opinion is worth a darn, but I agree with previous posts asking: how were people duped? What happened to them? I still don't see answers to that. I think it is great that we have forums where consumers can be fore-warned of potential rip offs and bad business. That being said, it is also irresponsible to slander a good business without any real example of wrong doing. Which kind of review is this? I don't know, but would like to. I have seen very good shops with some bad reviews. Often it is a case of the never happy customer who are complaining because they have unrealistic expectations. I have also seen good reviews of bad shops. Take everything with a grain of salt. With no example, I can't exactly take any negatives totally serious. As far as being an ex-con, I don't care (if that is even true or not). I was a punk back in my day. I did drugs and was, pretty much, a POS. Now I am a Christian and do everything I can to do the right thing. Having a past doesn't necessarily dictate the actions of the present.

Reactions: 1 person
I have bought 3 radios in last 5 years and smiley is excellent I am talking about smileys that has been in corning for years don't know what all this is about for sure but I still do bus with him

Last edited:
Reactions: rdm155

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.