• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A Very Rare Find...

I used to have a Browning Mark III exactly like that with a night eagle mic and a homebrew quad-6LQ6 box.
I just recently got a 4 6LQ6 that appears homemade, need to clean the dust out of it before I can power it up curious what it will do.

Does that one load control on that Maco set deadkey like a Blackcat on steroids since they call it a modulator.

I just recently got a 4 6LQ6 that appears homemade, need to clean the dust out of it before I can power it up curious what it will do.

IIRC (and it's been 15 years since I last laid eyes on that amp) it would routinely give me 300-400W PEP on SSB, but I remember being able to tune it up to 500-600W with the plates glowing nicely on a couple occasions..

What I don't understand is why the seller DIDN'T photoshop the dent on the back, but the buyer DID. :whistle:
dent.jpg

dentfixed.jpg

Just thought I'd quote this previous post..

Lik2Race, after you're caught trying to make the unit look better than it really is in appearance, you expect people here to believe that you're not doing the same with your power claims?

:D.............JEALOUSY is the greatest form of flattery......(y)

Why would anybody be jealous of somebody too ignorant to listen to facts?

BTW I would suggest you remove the "KMA 10-4" and the (y)stupid(y) from your signature. Either that or you can KMA when I do it for you.

To quote happy hamer "That's how I roll".

Yep, pretty much the same way as all the rest. Tell someone to KMA and get called to task for it. :D

Thanks for complying BTW.

Well, If I hadn't .."Big Brother" would have..

Anyway,,I have another new toy for the place>>
A Black Cat JB2000.
..(y)

Yes,,,It IS Amazing how I find these unusual pieces...:D

L2R that is a nice station you have put together.....very nice (y)

And as mentioned above on that amp.Find out what max output is and back it down about 10 to 20% and it should live a long time

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.